The Wynds of History

An exploration of the paths of history through the lenses of public interpretation and academic review.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

From Moravians to Objects

I love the sudden right turns one can take while during research.  There are no wrong destinations.  Just not enough room in the filing cabinet for all the finds. 

Today I was looking for information on the 19th C Moravian communities in Pennsylvania, specifically in terms of social history.  What I found was a new public history book.  (See what happens when I get lost on the UPenn Press website?) 

Do Museums Still Need Objects by Steven Conn is so new that my copy is still sitting in the virtual shopping cart.  Publication date is October 2009 - one assumes they're working on it.  

A subsequent search resulted in a new-to-me public history publication, Origins, and Cohn's blog.  


No comments:

Post a Comment